Future Mythologies

A Textual Journey with Maxwell Von Bismarck

Monday, December 08, 2003

 
I'm really pissed off. I realized that my favorite line from Original Pirate Material doesn't actually exist. On "Same Old Thing" I had thought Mike Skinner sang:

"Buy a drink, chat to a lady, the girls well fit definiteley, not maybe, she's rude I'd shag
her and matey right there"

but now I see lyrics printed as:

"she's rude, I'd shag her and make tea right there"

That's really not as good. It doesn't have nearly the same bombast as the line I heard, which was maybe the line that made me really love the album in the first place. What does that even mean? Shag her and make tea? I don't fucking care what you want to drink after sex. If anyone out there knows for sure which line is the real one, please tell me. It practically ruined my day to find out that he doesn't want to shag both the rude girl and her friend, and now I can't listen to the album without feeling a little disgusted and a little sad. Please help. How do you get over something like this? Is it okay to pretend the song has the (probably) fake lyrics that I heard? Can lying to yourself make you happier? I don't know about this. It's happened before, but not this seriously, and I usually end up liking the real line better in the end. But "matey" is just better than "make tea". I can't believe this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2003   June 2003   July 2003   August 2003   September 2003   October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   August 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   June 2005   September 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?